Made from expanded starch, Pop Starch is 100% compostable and biodegradable with no disposal costs, easier handling due to being non-static and having many environmental benefits. Pop starch is a compostable and biodegradable expanded loose fill manufactured from starch, protecting products and the Planet.
Environmental and sustainability advantages:
- It is made in New Zealand and manufactured from sustainable renewable materials.
- Will biodegrade when exposed to any environment containing bacteria and moisture. This can be aerobic or anaerobic, above or below ground.
- Biodegradable time is less than cellulose (plant materials).
- Almost completely dissolves in water in hours, what is left s biodegrades.
- Can be composted with organic waste including food waste to produce fertile humus in a few weeks.
- Can be disposed of on the lawn or garden, or even down the toilet.
- Reusable, can be recycled through the same waste stream as cardboard and paper.