At 100% Pure New Zealand Honey we’re committed to respecting and protecting your personal information. We comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information, i.e. information about an identifiable individual. This policy sets out how we will collect it, use it, disclose and protect it. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Collection of personal information
Wherever possible, we collect personal information about you from you directly. We also collect personal information about you in several ways:
• via website cookies when you visit our sites, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact you have with us (e.g. telephone call or email), when you enter a competition, or when you buy or use our services and products;
• third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
• to verify your identity
• to provide services and products to you
• to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
• to improve the services and products that we provide to you
• to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
• to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
• to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
• to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
• to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
• for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
We may not be able to do these things without your personal information, such as deliver your online orders or respond to your enquiries.
Disclosing your personal information
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties; however we may disclose your personal information to:
• another company within our group
• any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains our underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
• a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
• other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
• a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
• any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
• any other person authorised by you
Please note, a business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
What types of emails will I receive from 100% Pure New Zealand Honey?
Can I unsubscribe from these emails?
As a registered 100% Pure New Zealand Honey user, you may receive emails from us including newsletters and special offers. If you would no longer wish to receive these emails, you can opt out at any time by removing the tick from the check box below your login details.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your personal information on the website’s [message board/ chat room], you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at [email protected] Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
At 100% Pure New Zealand Honey, we aim to provide the highest level of service and customer care as part of our values. Although we strive to provide high-quality content on our website, we do not guarantee or warrant the accuracy, completeness, suitability, availability or timeliness of anything posted on the website. Prices and availability of products are subject to change without notice. In the event of any such change, we will communicate with our customers prior to dispatch of an order.